How to make ReiNX Work With LayeredFS and mods including Qlaunch

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by masterspike52, Sep 23, 2018.

1. masterspike52
    OP

masterspike52 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Step 1. Download the nightly of ReiNX and the ReiNX toolkit
    . http://builds.reinx.guide/nightly/ReiNX-746fded.zip

. http://builds.reinx.guide/toolkit/ReiNXToolkit-d1ccf3c.nro

step 2. Place the ReiNX folder in the nightly on the root of your sd card (if you have a previous version of ReiNX delete the ReiNX folder already on your sd card before doing this) (if you already have reinx use the toolkit to update to the latest nightly)

Step 3. Place the ReiNX toolkit in SD:/switch

Step 4. In the ReiNX folder now on your sd card make a folder named titles and place the contents of http://reinx.guide/u/010000000000100D.zip

Step 5. Boot your switch into RCM and use your payload injector of choice to inject the ReiNX,bin file from the nightly

Step 6. use the album to launch the hbmenu and launch the toolkit

Step 7. in the toolkit go to the kip manager and make sure that fs_mitm.kip and pm.kip have a checkmark next to them and not an x

step 8. exit the toolkit and then press the home button

step 9. restart your switch

Using Mods on Games
    (DO NOT DO UNLESS YOU DID THE TUTORIAL ABOVE)

Step 1. In ReiNX/titles make a folder named the title id of the game your wanting to mod (you can find them here http://switchbrew.org/wiki/Title_list/Games)

Step 2. Download your mod from gamebanana or wherever you get your mods from and place them in the title id to the game your modding

Using Qlaunch mods

Step 1. in ReiNX/titles make a folder named 0100000000001000 inside this folder make a file named fsmitm.flag (a handful of Qlaunch mods will come with this but its easier to make it yourself) just make a text file then save it with all files being selected and name it fsmitm.flag

step 2. in the folder you made in step 1 make a folder named lyt

step 3. most if not all Qlaunch mods will come with a common.szs file which you put in the lyt folder you made in step 2

Last edited by masterspike52, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Make sure have "hide known file extensions" unchecked in folder settings on windows or you won't be able to make a file with a extension.

3. Wednesday101

Wednesday101 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    s_mitm.kip and pm.kip do not show up in the toolkit options.

4. masterspike52
    OP

Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    are you under the kips manager and looking to the right? cause they should be there with an X next to them

5. Wednesday101

Wednesday101 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    i figured out the issue, my memory card wasnt properly showing the reinx folder and none of the kips were listed. i fixed that but im still having an issue. There's a mod for more NES games on the classic NES game but anytime i boot up the game, with the correct folder located in reinx/titles, it just gives me the base game and not the modified version. Same applies if i try running devmenu over pokemon quest.

Basically, with all folders showing up, everything in its right place, i cant get the "layeredfs" portion of reinx to work.

6. masterspike52
    OP

Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    make 100% sure you have ReiNX/titles/0100d870045b6000/romfs/titles/ (inside here is a bunch of roms and a file i cant think of the name atm to) also make sure you fully followed the guide i posted, all of those things are very crucial

7. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Do you have the fs_mitm.kip? That file is vital for LayeredFS and mods

8. zona

zona Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2014
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    how can I check if layeredFS works for me
    NES app does not work it asks me to log into NIntendo again ?? I already have linked account on my switch but can not run the NES online app

9. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    LayeredFS seems to cause issues with the newest ReiNX on applications like Checkpoint and Edizon. Can anyone verify that this isn't just me? Firmware 5.1

10. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    LayeredFS has caused issues with ReiNX and apps since it was first introduced with it XD. Can you hold R when you open the apps to load them without LFS running?

11. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Didn't realize that was a thing, cool. I ended up fixing it by wiping the ReiNX folder entirely and just downloading a fresh copy. Must have gotten my wires crossed somehow and had a bad file. It doesn't work entirely reliably, but I'd say 9/10 times it works fine now.

Adran_Marit likes this.
  12. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    Philippines
    I'm using ReiNX 1.7 but I'm getting a "Code Error -1" whenever I try to enable "pm.kip." What seems to be causing this?

13. triplekiller

triplekiller Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey Folks, I was wondering if somebody could tell me the exact steps they took to launch their Mods on ReiNX

Here is mine btw:
    1.Start TegraRCMGui
    2.Boot with hekate_ctcaer_4.2.ipl
    3.Select from
    Code:
    [config]
    autoboot=0
    bootwait=5
    customlogo=1
    verification=2

{tumGER/SDFilesSwitch v9.1}
    { }
    {Discord: http://discord.gg/qbRAuy7}
    { }

{-- Custom Firmwares --}
    [CFW]
    kip1=modules/newfirm/*
    kip1patch=nosigchk
    { }

{------ LayeredFS -----}
    [Newest LayeredFS]
    kip1=modules/newfirm/*
    kip1=modules/fs_mitm.kip
    atmosphere=1
    kip1patch=nosigchk
    { }

{---- Miscellaneous ---}
    [Stock]
    { }
    The CFW option
    4.After Start choose the Game that was modded (in my Example the Linkle Mod for Zelda BOTW)
    5.Wait till the Game loads, only to be greeted with the Normal Game...

Maybe I do something wrong like not booting the Console with the ReiNX.ipl?
    I already enabled the fs-mitm.kip in the ReiNX Kip Manager, but maybe that wasn't enough either?
    Also triple checked the Folder layout (ReiNX/titles/ *number of title* /romfs/ * )
    So any Idea how to finally get the Mods running would be appreciated!

14. Links2586

Links2586 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2018
    Canada
    How does this work? I'm on atmosphere with kips installed for qlaunch and pirated games. What am i missing?

15. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    Philippines
    LayeredFS is poorly implemented on ReiNX at the moment. The devs themselves openly admit it. However, a nightly build of ReiNX should already have a quickfix for it.

16. ShaytheStar

ShaytheStar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United States
    my bed
    I followed the tutorial exactly and am using those files too, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is my file tree wrong? Also, those layeredFS kips don't show up in the Toolkit. I moved the kips from sysmodules.dis to sysmodules since I thought that was the problem, but it's still nonfunctional and won't show up, either. I don't think it's just my mod since someone else's 5.1.0 qlaunch mod didn't work either.

Attached Files:

Last edited by ShaytheStar, Dec 9, 2018