Play Online Mario Kart Wii with USB Loader GX (Wiimmfi)

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials' started by jeannotte, Dec 30, 2018.

1. jeannotte
    OP

jeannotte GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

I thank Cyan for a little bit of her help, if you have any suggestions or others do not hesitate.
    This is the first time that I have done a tutorial on this site and I am happy that it is found here.

here, I made you a mini tutorial to connect online Mario Wii cart with the loader: (Usb loader gx). of course with the version of usb loader gx 1271 and also create a new profile to play online (the old backups will not work). also a list of games that would be compatible with wiimmfi, which is here: http://wiimmfi.de/stat?m=28

At first, you have to go to the settings game of, as in this picture:

[​IMG]

then, "game settings":

[​IMG]

go on "private server", press A with your wiimote then put on "wiimmfi.":

[​IMG]

then, do "save", like this:

[​IMG]

then, do "return" twice:

[​IMG]

you come back to the same image as the first one, ie on that one:

[​IMG]

so from there, you get "started" and here you go for the adventure of your game. .:yaywii:

Last edited by jeannotte, Jan 1, 2019
    focusonme likes this.
  2. R4solutions

R4solutions Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Canada
    I just pulled the wii out of storage, Iomega HDD. Something seemed to be missing when I booted up. USB loader Gx just froze. Anyways. As much thread reading as possible and a few tweaks. I’m running a new HBC and updated the USB loader Apps folder and WAD. Thru a few trials and a lot of errors. I can now get USB loader GX channel to load direct and show my game titles on my HDD all art work

I’m out of threads to get the games to load. I can access all options settings and even Wiitdb updates. But every time I push start lags out to main wii menu !!

Please help ! It’s time to pass the wii on to my 7 year old

3. jeannotte
    OP

jeannotte GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
  4. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    Is there a lot of players online ?

5. jeannotte
    OP

jeannotte GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

Good years to you.

To see the players online, go to the beginning of the tutorial on the Wiimmfi page, you will see the players online in the table

6. focusonme

focusonme GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2016
    United States
    currently 315 people online! wow! thank you for the tutorial very nice!

7. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    I have two questions.
    - Would this work on Wii U via vWii?
    - And if so would the Gamecube adapter work with games?

Thank you.

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it should work on vWii, I didn't test but there's no reason.
    The gamecube adater works only with compatible games designed to work with it. no Wii game will work, only WiiU games.

If you ask why gamecube games work with it, they don't, Nintendont does.
    when you play a Wii game, the loader is not in memory anymore unlike nintendont which is always interfacing between the ISO and the hardware and can intercept HID USB controller data to send to the game.

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 3, 2019
    cvskid likes this.
  9. evertonstz

evertonstz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2019
    Brazil
    BTW: it takes 7 days to activate a new console in their network, so after you try to connect for the first time you'll only be able to play 7 days later.

10. jeannotte
    OP

jeannotte GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

@evertonstz

Normally 24H, no more. Test from time to time whenever you want and see if it works.

11. leseratte

leseratte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 2, 2012
    Germany
    CTGP works with the Gamecube-USB-Adapter, even though the CTGP-R-Channel is no longer in memory when the game runs. In theory, such a thing could be implemented into USB-Loaders as well. Pretty difficult, as the USB-Loader GX doesn't support brainslug modules, but doable in theory.

Last edited by leseratte, Jan 8, 2019
  12. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    ah yes, I forgot CTGP had a patch for HID USB devices.

I once saw someone working on a similar patch in the form of Ocarina cheat code to add GC or classic controller support for games not having them natively, but it was dependent on the game's SDK version. unfortunately, I didn't archive it and the forum it was posted to is not online anymore.
    Not all games used the same SDK so I suppose the patch to add HID into the controller's code is not working on all games either. It also requires a specific IOS base (HID is not in all IOS, and the interface has changed on latest IOS).
    for now I think it's a per game patch, not a common one easily applied to games.
    Chadderz and wilm0x42 worked on that patch independently, both on the different IOS implementation, more progress especially at the end of the thread : http://kylie.org/threads/need-help-with-vwii-gc-adapter-for-project-m.498236/

the message says 7 days, but maybe it's shorter if someone from wiimmfi team activates it manually before that.

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 8, 2019
  13. jeannotte
    OP

jeannotte GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

@ Cyan:

The first time I connected to Wiimmfi (a few years ago), it did not take much time to connect. I had to fall in the right time.

14. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    this is a new feature for console which never used wiimmfi before.