The "My SD2Vita/PSVSD is having issues" thread

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Priestiality, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Xenexus

Xenexus Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2018
    Australia
    And if content manager refuses to connect to the PC without the use of vitashell? Then what?

2. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Nevermind, got it fixed

Last edited by nutsack, Jan 21, 2019
  3. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    Does it matter what kind of sd card reader I get? I'm still on 3.60 cfw. Would like to update to the latest version that I can do everything on and have my sd card and reader working.

4. Vinceherman

Vinceherman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    it doesn't matter which SD card reader you use, no need to update past 3.60 CFW; ref00d fixes all issues with games requiring higher firmware - you can play everything on 3.60

Last edited by Vinceherman, Jan 25, 2019
    nutsack and qaz015393 like this.
  5. qaz015393

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    Nice. Ok I'll have to look up ref00d and see if I can get a card reader. Thanks for the help

Would this be good for my 2001 model?

Last edited by qaz015393, Jan 25, 2019
  6. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    I run this one on my 3.65 Vita-1000 as well as my 3.68 PS TV and it fits great in the cartridge slot of both systems.

http://www.amazon.com/Funturbo-Ultimate-Version-SD2Vita-Adapter/dp/B07F63FPT3

reF00d is really nice because it's just installing one plugin and everything else is handled automatically from there on out when you launch a newer firmware game.

Last edited by nutsack, Jan 25, 2019
    qaz015393 likes this.
  7. qaz015393

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    Yeah I was looking at that and it was going to be my first choice but the one I shared said it was a 2 pack and has that instead of 1. Which I was seeing if it was good so I could use one and sell my Vita with it and my 32 gig card

8. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    I personally wouldn't touch that one you posted since the delivery is listed as possibly taking more than a month and a half and it's created by a brand new seller with no reviews. The one I posted is well reviewed, works great for me on two systems, and was in my mailbox two days after ordering with Prime.

Last edited by nutsack, Jan 26, 2019
    qaz015393 likes this.
  9. qaz015393

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    Ok thanks I'll just get that one then

10. vrashwrath

vrashwrath Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United States
    Hi Gbatemp, i usually just browse here, but at this point I figured I should sign up and ask for help. I hacked a New 3dsxl last year, but honestly I'm not great at this, and this time around I just decided to buy a console that was already hacked.

The console is a PSvita oled pch-1101 model with HENkaku and Enso, it has a 32gb psvita memory card. I also purchased a SD2vita pro memory card adapter for a 128 gb Sandisk Micro SD card.

I'm trying to set up the SD2Vita as the main memory card, I followed some videos, but to no avail. After coming here I checked this sticky about Sd2vita cards, but couldn't follow it as i'm missing Vita Shell ( i have molecular shell, doubt it's the same thing.) I managed to make the vita reboot into recognizing the new micro sd, but with no hack. When I take the sd2vita out and reboot the vita henkaku and enso are still there. I can do most of these prompts in this thread, but a few just don't match what comes up on Molecular shell. Should I track down Vita Shell and install it?

*solved* never mind

Last edited by vrashwrath, Jan 31, 2019
  11. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2016
    Hi!

Can you just format the card in exFat skipping the process of "zeroing" it with zzblank.img ??

12. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Not sure but definitely format it exFAT. I had it FAT32 and didn't know what the hell was wrong at first since my FAT32 memory card worked great in a USB adapter on my hacked Playstation TV. But on SD2Vita it absolutely must be exFAT.

13. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    No, zeroing with zzblank is recommended.

14. Campbellsoup19

Campbellsoup19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    United States
    Planning to do this process on one of the next few nights. I'm on 3.68 btw.

I have my SD2Vita currently as UMA0: and a 16gb Vita card as my UX0:

Will I need to unistall the games I have or will the original post instructions "transfer" them to my SD2Vita? The games were downloaded using the PKGJ installer.

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Just copy the data from the Sony Memory card onto a PC first then copy the data onto a micro SD card and use storagemgr , change sd2vita as ux0.

Last edited by Hayato213, Feb 12, 2019 at 8:17 PM
    Campbellsoup19 likes this.
  16. Campbellsoup19

Campbellsoup19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    United States
    Thanks for the quick answer! Looks like I'm done and that was super easy!

A HUGE thank you to the OP!